Stage 3 (Part II): My journey of self-discovery and personal reflection

It's been close to 2 years since I last wrote a post on this blog.  Circumstances have since changed (drastically).

The past 2 years have no doubt provided me with a journey of self-discovery:
  • Exposure to the harsh reality of life in Singapore's corporate world.  (It really isn't easy to get a job in Singapore even if you've stellar results - experience is what counts the most). 
  • Throughout this period, I'm glad I persisted and remained steadfast in my beliefs, never once neglecting the things that brighten my day. 

[This might not be entirely related but I stumbled upon a new hobby during my self-discovery period which might turn into a business some day, who knows?  Food for thought:  (as quoted by Helen Keller -When one door of happiness closes, another opens;  but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us]

I may not be the graduate with exceptional results, but I'd still like to reiterate my interest for having chosen Psychology as my major in 2010 (despite difficulties in securing a related position upon graduation).  Although I've graduated 2 years ago, (seems like it was only yesterday) till this day, I still reminisce my days as a Psychology student:

1. The days spent attending lectures. Just to name a few:
Introduction to Psychology
Psychology in everyday life / Cognitive Psych
Brain and cognition / Personality theories Research+Stats / Social Psych
Counseling / Health Psych
Applied Psych therapies / Cognitive Psych
Exercise Psych
Research Dissertation

2. Endless mugging for examinations

3. Ensuring perfection in my final year research dissertation - (my proudest work as a Psych student) and the well-informed lecturers who taught with utmost pride & passion -  accompanying us throughout our Psychology journey - from a diligent and persistent student to a graduate bursting with enthusiasm, curiosity and excitement upon graduation.

This post is dedicated to:
my university lecturers (all 5 of them)
ex-Psych classmates (miss you guys!)
those who're about to graduate from a Psychology course / in the midst of securing a job.

The journey may be tough but never ever give up.  Tough times don't last but tough men do.  One day you'll get there.  Make the most of any opportunity you get.  Don’t always hold out for ‘the best thing’;  sometimes the best thing is not what you expect.

*if anyone would like to have a deeper understanding of my experiences / what I've gone through as a Psych graduate, I would be more than willing to connect with you.  (SGPsychStud: Please enter your contacts / message / question in the comments below and the author of this reflection will contact you)

L

Comments

  1. Firstly I'd like to thank the contributor for such a valuable insight. Is it possible for me to contact them personally? My email id is laurahill339@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly I'd like to thank the contributor for such a valuable insight. Is it possible for me to contact them personally? My email id is laurahill339@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment